Skip to main content

Who are the three most influential people in your business life?

Who are the three most influential people in my business life so far?

# 1. Peter Thomson: The story of Peter Thomson is one of success – trauma – success. A story of taking the information he already knew and creating systems to generate success from success.
·   Peter takes you through how to write a ‘Tips sheet’ and then expand it into an eBook, of some 2,000 words, for capturing emails and credibility. But it doesn’t end there, with just a little more work that eBook can become an 80 page soft back book, complete with cover and ISBN for sale on the online and offline market.
·   But that’s not all, using the formula Peter goes deep into on his Achievers Club program. Your eBooks become a hard back book of 200 pages for real credibility and as a professional business card.
·   Peter has a series of workshops which take last up to eight hours in all and delivers it without notes (or none I can see anyway). The room is always full. and the content is aimed towards the exact result he promises in his marketing and at a price of less than £70 it is one of the most effective workshops. I recommend it most.


#2  Chris Marr: The first time I saw and listened to Chris Marr I’ll hold my hand up and say that only a small part of his content was going in. I was spellbound by his delivery. Inspired by his ability to talk as if the session was being delivered with a cup of coffee at the local (enter the name of your favourite coffee house).
·  Chris has gathered together a family of service providers and specialists, around him to offer one of the most prolific groups of information and content savvy, people where sharing is a vital element in their reason for being.
·  The CMA group – Content Marketing Academy has run a succession of two-day events, gathering together experts, from the UK and the USA, to deliver top quality content and advice, on creating websites that take 70% of the sales decisions out of your hands.  Buyers are given the information they need to make a choice before they have even spoken to you.


# 3. Linda LeMay: The most influential teacher I have ever had in my life. Yet, she has not received teacher training in the conventional sense of the word. I first met Linda in 1964 through pen friend air mail letters for four years before actually meeting her.
It was Linda who:
·  Introduced me to Ayn Rand and ‘Anthem, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged’.
These books have played a part in my own sense of responsibility – something I haven’t always lived up to – but a philosophy which made absolute sense to me as the British economy was being destroyed by corrupt and lazy politicians, the unions and left wing teachers.
·    Through Linda I was honoured to meet people of the Lakota nation where I spoke to, danced with and ate with amazing people. It was this event which saw me, a committed agnostic, to shed tears when a Lakota woman led a prayer to Waken Tanka around a ceremonial fire. My spiritual path continues to follow its own direction but that one event had a profound effect on my life.
·   I recently nursed a pipistrelle bat through the night while waiting for the RSPCA to transport it to a vet. 16 years ago, an injured bat would have barely registered on my radar. I changed when I visited Linda in 2007, and experienced the connection she had fostered with the birds, the deer, the geese and any injured creature she came across in her garden. and on her daily two mile walks around the block with Chloe a beautiful Husky.
There have, of course. been many people who have affected my life and coloured my actions, and inaction. Not least my three daughters, Cara, Naima and Lydia. My ex-partners, Rhoda, Estelle, Toni and Anne. My grandmother, mother and father.  All of these people shaped my life but the three people named will shape my future.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On The Tao Of My Thoughts #3

 Never Tell a Lie Because the Truth is the Tao Does this make the Tao an unreachable goal? This one is more difficult. You see, I've lied. In fact, I probably tell a lie a day in one form or another. Hands up who has gone against the Tao already today! What is a lie? That's a question we should be asking ourselves more and more often because of the propaganda which has been dividing us for the years since when? Trump, Boris, Brexit, Blair, Baroness Thatcher or back into history. We are being lied to all the time and, depending on our particular political bias. Is the Bible a lie? Adam and Eve (where did the name Adam come from?) The Quran? The Torah? I don't know. I know what I choose to believe, and that will also take me into the realms of lying for many people. The truth dying! When do we die? The last breath? A few minutes later when the brain stops? When our soul/spirit leaves for the next journey? I could go on. I believe that like the Tao, the Truth is the Truth. The...

Would You Talk To A Complete Stranger? The 6 Magic Words To Start A Conversation!

  I sat in Temperance Cafe, Leamington, today, working on StoryTelling Corner when a couple came in and sat down close by. I heard the man talking about the cafe and guessed that he's been before but his girlfriend had not. "Have you seen downstairs?" The man nodded but the girl replied "No". I love the cafe and described the history of the building and the special place the basement plays in the entertainment quality of Temperance. "Do you like stories?" I asked. Her face lit up. Pure energy and joy transformed what was an already attractive woman into a picture of real beauty. Her eyes lit up. Her mouth opened wide in a smile even as she began to gush about her love of Victorian tales and myths. Her Liverpool accent became stronger as excitement streamed from every pore (I hold my hand up as a male old enough to be her grandfather) the rest of the room disappeared into a haze as we spent, what, a few seconds, a few minutes talking about telling stor...

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully.

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully. “They don’t care about you!” How often has that been the mantra of content marketing and is it set in stone? You have an opportunity to have a 1-2-1 with another business owner and talk about each other’s business and then you move on. “What benefits will I get from that conversation?” So ‘Yes’ we don’t care about the business owner more than we care about how the conversation will work for us. Then, that same business owner stands up for a 20-minute slot which is more about him and general tips to help all businesses or a personal story. Yesterday I was at a meeting where a man stood up and talked about ways to pay for goods without cash. He mentioned PayPal, Worldpay and one other but I cannot remember it because these services were not for me. I moved on. After the round of pitches, we listened as he stood to do his 20-minute slot where he began with a date and the death of his wife at 32. I listened. H...