Skip to main content




 




   
'Tell To Win'


How many times do you receive emails with this message?

I agree with it entirely. It’s a message I take to each and every meeting I attend. The difference, I believe, is that before I try to sell anything to anyone I offer them the opportunity to tell their own story comfortably and confidently.
  
  Few of us were born with the skills to stand on stage, I know I wasn’t. So, I feel that anguish, as the presentation approaches. You have read the books, been to the network meetings and to events but you’re still asking yourself “how come I’m not getting enough recognition, enough money or enough contacts?” You’ve tried hard and still, there’s something getting in the way.

   Some people seem to be able to attract interest just by speaking at network meetings, delivering presentations or live video, don’t they?

   Well, if you want to turn your presentations around, if you want to show all those people who sit in their seats and all those who go on stage that you’re prepared to step out of the shadows; if you want to make more of life, then in the next three minutes you will have taken the first step on the path to a richer life, a life where YOU choose what happens to you.

   This step will reveal another truth about you that no one will ever be able to question: You have the spirit to take on new challenges!

Start Now! Start Here:

I’ve always wanted to have a voice, to inspire and be inspired, to be in control! Now I have that voice.

Ernie Boxall

P.S. The one question I get asked more than most is “How do I know if I’m telling a good story?”

Can I offer this template, which I use for my own presentations?
Video your presentations, or look at those of other speakers and ask yourself three questions:

1. What Did I Like?  Content-Performance
2. What Would I Change? What would I have said differently or 

     How would I have made that point differently?
3. What Do I Remember?
    The most important part of the whole exercise. One the day after the              presentation…What do you remember about it?

If you can answer those three questions after each one of your presentations or video productions you will, I believe, be on the way to self-education.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On The Tao Of My Thoughts #3

 Never Tell a Lie Because the Truth is the Tao Does this make the Tao an unreachable goal? This one is more difficult. You see, I've lied. In fact, I probably tell a lie a day in one form or another. Hands up who has gone against the Tao already today! What is a lie? That's a question we should be asking ourselves more and more often because of the propaganda which has been dividing us for the years since when? Trump, Boris, Brexit, Blair, Baroness Thatcher or back into history. We are being lied to all the time and, depending on our particular political bias. Is the Bible a lie? Adam and Eve (where did the name Adam come from?) The Quran? The Torah? I don't know. I know what I choose to believe, and that will also take me into the realms of lying for many people. The truth dying! When do we die? The last breath? A few minutes later when the brain stops? When our soul/spirit leaves for the next journey? I could go on. I believe that like the Tao, the Truth is the Truth. The...

Would You Talk To A Complete Stranger? The 6 Magic Words To Start A Conversation!

  I sat in Temperance Cafe, Leamington, today, working on StoryTelling Corner when a couple came in and sat down close by. I heard the man talking about the cafe and guessed that he's been before but his girlfriend had not. "Have you seen downstairs?" The man nodded but the girl replied "No". I love the cafe and described the history of the building and the special place the basement plays in the entertainment quality of Temperance. "Do you like stories?" I asked. Her face lit up. Pure energy and joy transformed what was an already attractive woman into a picture of real beauty. Her eyes lit up. Her mouth opened wide in a smile even as she began to gush about her love of Victorian tales and myths. Her Liverpool accent became stronger as excitement streamed from every pore (I hold my hand up as a male old enough to be her grandfather) the rest of the room disappeared into a haze as we spent, what, a few seconds, a few minutes talking about telling stor...

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully.

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully. “They don’t care about you!” How often has that been the mantra of content marketing and is it set in stone? You have an opportunity to have a 1-2-1 with another business owner and talk about each other’s business and then you move on. “What benefits will I get from that conversation?” So ‘Yes’ we don’t care about the business owner more than we care about how the conversation will work for us. Then, that same business owner stands up for a 20-minute slot which is more about him and general tips to help all businesses or a personal story. Yesterday I was at a meeting where a man stood up and talked about ways to pay for goods without cash. He mentioned PayPal, Worldpay and one other but I cannot remember it because these services were not for me. I moved on. After the round of pitches, we listened as he stood to do his 20-minute slot where he began with a date and the death of his wife at 32. I listened. H...