Skip to main content
StoryTelling Corner held the first evening of 2020 at Temperance Cafe, Leamington Spa, with a real divergent programme of Words and Music. We began by welcoming the performers, old friends and new faces.

Our Charity of Choice was the Ifakara Bakery project which raises funds to buy bread for the children in TanzaniaIfakara. It was proposed by Sharon Bradshaw and received £36 from StoryTelling Corner.

#1 Ernie Boxall brought the 'Fox and the Mice' to STC. It is an adaption of the story 'Coyote and the Mice' from Native American stories.

#2. Rhys Clarke entertained us with his own play 'Thompson and Sons' which we are hoping we can expand in the future.

#3 Jim Berreen a first time visitor to STC, Jim brought two short, but according to the feedback, memorable stories from his collection of 'darkish' tales. There was humour in the telling.

#4 Justin Tai-Sen-Choy, another first-timer, displayed the art of weaving his stories of Disney World characters into a captivating performance for a new audience.

#5 One of our main event guests was Sharon Bradshaw an independently published Author, Poet, and Speaker, skilled in the art of tales from the Dark Ages. Vikings and Saxon lore run through Sharon's veins.

#6 Our evening was brought to a pulse-racing set from the brilliant Stephen Boyer, Mike Cox and Robert Cooper. If you want to mix music and stories or music and poetry, these are the go-to guys. We joined them on a journey from Montana to Alaska via Alum Rock, Birmingham and left the building still tapping our feet to their finale.

Thanks to:

A huge thank you to Temperance Cafe, Leamington Spa and Spa Computers for their continued support for StoryTelling Corner and the arts in Leamington. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On The Tao Of My Thoughts #3

 Never Tell a Lie Because the Truth is the Tao Does this make the Tao an unreachable goal? This one is more difficult. You see, I've lied. In fact, I probably tell a lie a day in one form or another. Hands up who has gone against the Tao already today! What is a lie? That's a question we should be asking ourselves more and more often because of the propaganda which has been dividing us for the years since when? Trump, Boris, Brexit, Blair, Baroness Thatcher or back into history. We are being lied to all the time and, depending on our particular political bias. Is the Bible a lie? Adam and Eve (where did the name Adam come from?) The Quran? The Torah? I don't know. I know what I choose to believe, and that will also take me into the realms of lying for many people. The truth dying! When do we die? The last breath? A few minutes later when the brain stops? When our soul/spirit leaves for the next journey? I could go on. I believe that like the Tao, the Truth is the Truth. The...

Would You Talk To A Complete Stranger? The 6 Magic Words To Start A Conversation!

  I sat in Temperance Cafe, Leamington, today, working on StoryTelling Corner when a couple came in and sat down close by. I heard the man talking about the cafe and guessed that he's been before but his girlfriend had not. "Have you seen downstairs?" The man nodded but the girl replied "No". I love the cafe and described the history of the building and the special place the basement plays in the entertainment quality of Temperance. "Do you like stories?" I asked. Her face lit up. Pure energy and joy transformed what was an already attractive woman into a picture of real beauty. Her eyes lit up. Her mouth opened wide in a smile even as she began to gush about her love of Victorian tales and myths. Her Liverpool accent became stronger as excitement streamed from every pore (I hold my hand up as a male old enough to be her grandfather) the rest of the room disappeared into a haze as we spent, what, a few seconds, a few minutes talking about telling stor...

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully.

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully. “They don’t care about you!” How often has that been the mantra of content marketing and is it set in stone? You have an opportunity to have a 1-2-1 with another business owner and talk about each other’s business and then you move on. “What benefits will I get from that conversation?” So ‘Yes’ we don’t care about the business owner more than we care about how the conversation will work for us. Then, that same business owner stands up for a 20-minute slot which is more about him and general tips to help all businesses or a personal story. Yesterday I was at a meeting where a man stood up and talked about ways to pay for goods without cash. He mentioned PayPal, Worldpay and one other but I cannot remember it because these services were not for me. I moved on. After the round of pitches, we listened as he stood to do his 20-minute slot where he began with a date and the death of his wife at 32. I listened. H...