Skip to main content

My Thoughts on The Tao Of My Thoughts #2




 If there is peace amidst the tumult,  then the Tao has found its rightful place.

If there was ever a time to test our connection to the TAO, this last year was surely it! 

Or, was it? (And these are my thoughts)

Yes, it has been 15/16 months of tragedy, fear, despair and death. I have seen that scenario in many ways over the months when I walked along a *busy main street shopping area, with no one there but myself and a few people window shopping into empty locations or ones with the shutters down. 

I have encountered adults dragging children into the road to put more distance between us on the pavement or holding them tight as I approached...and I promise I wore no makeup. I also wore no mask.

I walk in peace because I trust my immune system. I trust that my fitness and lifestyle are strong enough to withstand the worst symptoms of the virus and I have experienced fatal cases in the elderly who live around me who went into hospital virus-free and died in hospital with/from it.

I have understood that they carried severe underlying illnesses and their health was already an issue. I also know that all the cases in my location were residents who rarely if ever left their rooms.

I ask you where the tumult is? Where are the people at peace? In my honest opinion it is amongst the mask-wearers and here's why!

The majority of masks were rarely worn correctly, and when they were it often left a plethora of discarded litter in the street. We washed our hands religiously 15 months ago and those of us who did go out (more of that later) followed the science, and stood in line, sanitized our hands, and wore the mask. We washed our hands every time we entered our homes. That finished.

One of the worst moments of my time in Leamington was walking along our main shopping street and it was empty, shops were shuttered, for sale signs above the windows and the wind blew pieces of discarded tissue down the main street like a western movie...or a national disaster.

This was definitely not a time of peace, how could it be. We were in the midst of a pandemic...I refuse to write about the worst pandemic because all of them are traumatic for the people caught up in fear...Ebola, Malaria, Polio, the Spanish flu, Measles...all of them took their toll and all created a change in thinking.

The difference is that the news of the diseases spread more slowly and, I believe more honestly than in 2020. The influence of social media and propaganda has spread fear and misinformation with more deadly consequences than the disease itself.

Tumult is challenging the Tao.

Tell me if you agree and if you are at peace.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On The Tao Of My Thoughts #3

 Never Tell a Lie Because the Truth is the Tao Does this make the Tao an unreachable goal? This one is more difficult. You see, I've lied. In fact, I probably tell a lie a day in one form or another. Hands up who has gone against the Tao already today! What is a lie? That's a question we should be asking ourselves more and more often because of the propaganda which has been dividing us for the years since when? Trump, Boris, Brexit, Blair, Baroness Thatcher or back into history. We are being lied to all the time and, depending on our particular political bias. Is the Bible a lie? Adam and Eve (where did the name Adam come from?) The Quran? The Torah? I don't know. I know what I choose to believe, and that will also take me into the realms of lying for many people. The truth dying! When do we die? The last breath? A few minutes later when the brain stops? When our soul/spirit leaves for the next journey? I could go on. I believe that like the Tao, the Truth is the Truth. The...

Would You Talk To A Complete Stranger? The 6 Magic Words To Start A Conversation!

  I sat in Temperance Cafe, Leamington, today, working on StoryTelling Corner when a couple came in and sat down close by. I heard the man talking about the cafe and guessed that he's been before but his girlfriend had not. "Have you seen downstairs?" The man nodded but the girl replied "No". I love the cafe and described the history of the building and the special place the basement plays in the entertainment quality of Temperance. "Do you like stories?" I asked. Her face lit up. Pure energy and joy transformed what was an already attractive woman into a picture of real beauty. Her eyes lit up. Her mouth opened wide in a smile even as she began to gush about her love of Victorian tales and myths. Her Liverpool accent became stronger as excitement streamed from every pore (I hold my hand up as a male old enough to be her grandfather) the rest of the room disappeared into a haze as we spent, what, a few seconds, a few minutes talking about telling stor...

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully.

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully. “They don’t care about you!” How often has that been the mantra of content marketing and is it set in stone? You have an opportunity to have a 1-2-1 with another business owner and talk about each other’s business and then you move on. “What benefits will I get from that conversation?” So ‘Yes’ we don’t care about the business owner more than we care about how the conversation will work for us. Then, that same business owner stands up for a 20-minute slot which is more about him and general tips to help all businesses or a personal story. Yesterday I was at a meeting where a man stood up and talked about ways to pay for goods without cash. He mentioned PayPal, Worldpay and one other but I cannot remember it because these services were not for me. I moved on. After the round of pitches, we listened as he stood to do his 20-minute slot where he began with a date and the death of his wife at 32. I listened. H...