Skip to main content

My Thoughts on The Tao Of My Thoughts...(Chee Soo)

 I walked into a second-hand bookshop and browsed through the shelves. I love these shops because they are an Aladdin's Cave...there's no Magic Lamp to rub but there is the possibility of striking gold. And I did.

Just some background. I was in a second-hand bookshop and just looking through the thousands of books just stacked up to the ceiling-a pot luck opportunity. I often walk into these shops with no intention to buy but, knowing that I probably would.

I had been practicing Tai Chi for some eight years with teachers schooled into the Lee Family Style which was prevalent around my location at the time, Coventry, in England. The man they named their Sensai was Chee Soo.

My eyes stopped at the purple spine of a book with gold letters: 'The Tao of My Thoughts' by Chee Soo. 

The #1 Gold
I snatched the book from the shelf and felt the texture of a hardback book by Chee Soo in my hands. I opened it not knowing what would be inside. That's when I struck the first nugget of gold. This card fell out with a picture of Chee Soo and Marilyn, his wife, titled Marilyn and Chee in Hong Kong.

The #2 Gold
Chee introduces the Tao, with the interpretation of the Way which Taoists follow.                                     THE SUPREME AND ABSOLUTE 
In the very beginning of time, and long before time began, and long before there was even a universe. In fact, long before there was nothing, there was the non-existence of nothing, and, before that, there was the void, and it was, and still is, the home of the Supreme and Absolute Force...Supreme Spirit that controls everything within and without, the whole universe.

The Gold #3
I read the book and put it aside for a year or two and now I've decided to come back to it as explore the words again.

#1. There is only one beginning, but many endings, let us pray for the time when both are joined together, and the beginning has finished, and the ending has begun, then our life will be in constant harmony with the TAO.

Thoughts:
Only one beginning?
But when is that beginning? Is it at birth and the first breath? Is it when the first cell is formed or the moment the sperm enters the egg? Is it at the sex act between my mother and father or their mother and father...or???

Many endings? I know that people talk of the many lives they have lived so, what constitutes the end?
Is it the moment we stop breathing (I've heard it said that the brain lives on for three minutes.) Is it when the 'spirit leaves the body' and rigor mortis sets in? Is in when the body cremated or buried.

Pray for the time when both are joined together? I never had a concept of when both are joined together. And, I'm not sure now. But, these are my thoughts and so my words. 

The beginning has finished and the ending has begun? Through my short time in Tai Chi, I have come to believe that the practice of the form embraces this. I focus on this move as my body has learned the form by repetition and mentoring. I have let the last move go,  the focus is on this move so that my body is prepared for the move to come. But that move hasn't arrived, yet.

Life in constant harmony with the TAO? In harmony with the TAO? I still do not know and maybe I never will. I didn't come to tai chi until my late fifties and the teachers had decades of experience. But, I do know that I feel a harmony more now than when I began twenty years ago.

Is this the TAO? 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On The Tao Of My Thoughts #3

 Never Tell a Lie Because the Truth is the Tao Does this make the Tao an unreachable goal? This one is more difficult. You see, I've lied. In fact, I probably tell a lie a day in one form or another. Hands up who has gone against the Tao already today! What is a lie? That's a question we should be asking ourselves more and more often because of the propaganda which has been dividing us for the years since when? Trump, Boris, Brexit, Blair, Baroness Thatcher or back into history. We are being lied to all the time and, depending on our particular political bias. Is the Bible a lie? Adam and Eve (where did the name Adam come from?) The Quran? The Torah? I don't know. I know what I choose to believe, and that will also take me into the realms of lying for many people. The truth dying! When do we die? The last breath? A few minutes later when the brain stops? When our soul/spirit leaves for the next journey? I could go on. I believe that like the Tao, the Truth is the Truth. The...

Would You Talk To A Complete Stranger? The 6 Magic Words To Start A Conversation!

  I sat in Temperance Cafe, Leamington, today, working on StoryTelling Corner when a couple came in and sat down close by. I heard the man talking about the cafe and guessed that he's been before but his girlfriend had not. "Have you seen downstairs?" The man nodded but the girl replied "No". I love the cafe and described the history of the building and the special place the basement plays in the entertainment quality of Temperance. "Do you like stories?" I asked. Her face lit up. Pure energy and joy transformed what was an already attractive woman into a picture of real beauty. Her eyes lit up. Her mouth opened wide in a smile even as she began to gush about her love of Victorian tales and myths. Her Liverpool accent became stronger as excitement streamed from every pore (I hold my hand up as a male old enough to be her grandfather) the rest of the room disappeared into a haze as we spent, what, a few seconds, a few minutes talking about telling stor...

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully.

Talking About Your Shit...powerfully. “They don’t care about you!” How often has that been the mantra of content marketing and is it set in stone? You have an opportunity to have a 1-2-1 with another business owner and talk about each other’s business and then you move on. “What benefits will I get from that conversation?” So ‘Yes’ we don’t care about the business owner more than we care about how the conversation will work for us. Then, that same business owner stands up for a 20-minute slot which is more about him and general tips to help all businesses or a personal story. Yesterday I was at a meeting where a man stood up and talked about ways to pay for goods without cash. He mentioned PayPal, Worldpay and one other but I cannot remember it because these services were not for me. I moved on. After the round of pitches, we listened as he stood to do his 20-minute slot where he began with a date and the death of his wife at 32. I listened. H...